Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Overall Rank: 178
Category Rank: 7
- Top Software Company of 2020
Chicago-based ActiveCampaign has become an innovator in customer relationship management (CRM) software thanks to its category-defining customer experience automation (CXA) platform. After its auspicious start as a software consulting firm, ActiveCampaign has developed one of the most valuable tools available for small and medium business (SMB) marketing solutions. Automation is in the hands of its users with a unique feature called “automation recipes,” customizable templates that provide greater focus and improved functionality. These “recipes” illuminate tasks and strategies that may have been otherwise ignored or deemed too difficult to enact, creating new opportunities for sales and customer outreach. Ultimately, the software’s goal is to make every customer’s experience the best it could possibly be.
The ActiveCampaign platform integrates with Salesforce, Shopify, and WordPress, among other existing CRM tools, using machine-learning to combine and analyze the enterprise’s data, offering better answers to challenging questions. However, it’s the task automation that sets ActiveCampaign apart, offering advanced sales, marketing, onboarding, and management utilities. The platform also automatically alerts businesses to potential client-churning in hopes of keeping existing companies active and satisfied.
CEO Jason VandeBoom founded ActiveCampaign in 2003 and has been its guiding force throughout its rise to the top of the cloud-software market. He has fostered an industry-acclaimed workplace, leading a workforce of over 550 people between offices in Chicago, Indianapolis, Indiana, Sydney, Australia, and Dublin, Ireland. The company has already amassed annual revenue of $90 million while serving over 100,000 customers across the globe.
1. Personalized Email Marketing – Beautiful email marketing is only the beginning. Send newsletters and messages targeted to each contact’s interests. Make every campaign you send feel personal.
2. Marketing Automation – Make it easy to run your marketing. Set up a welcome series with email automation, segment your contacts, or use simple workflows to automate the marketing no one has time for.
3. Smart CRM – A CRM with email and sales automation keeps all your customer data organized in one platform. Manage your pipelines, update deals, and always follow up at the perfect moment.
4. Website Messaging – Make meaningful connections with your customers. Answer questions, recommend products, offer sales, or ask for feedback at the exact moment they’re most engaged.
5. Machine Learning – Every email, phone call, and sale is data. But if you can’t use that data to make better decisions, it goes to waste. Machine learning crunches the numbers so that you can make better decisions in your business.