Data Governance / Management
New York, NY
Overall Rank: 179
Category: Data Management & Analytics
Category Rank: 38
- Top Software Company of 2020
Data has quickly become one of the most valuable assets in any organization, and when used properly it can enhance operations, increase revenue, and strengthen relationships. New York-based Collibra wants to “make data meaningful” with its platform designed to provide deep visibility into an organization’s growing stockpile of digital information. Data governance ensures the high quality of that information as it scales with growth and change, keeping everything organized and easily accessible. Proper data governance also includes security, and Collibra’s platform also includes tools to centralize privacy policies and processes, as well as dashboards dedicated to monitoring regulatory compliance.
Collibra enables data intelligence to accelerate innovation. The cloud-native platform allows users to create business glossaries and data dictionaries, centralized repositories of information that are organized and made actionable. By building a machine-learning powered data catalog, Collibra empowers both IT professionals and executives to turn data into revenue-generating success strategies. Data profiling and scoring are automated, providing enhanced visualization and analysis.
With annual revenue of over $100 million, Collibra has surpassed the $2 billion mark in its valuation. Led by co-founders Felix Van de Maele and Stan Christiaens, the company is driven by over 700 employees in offices across eight countries. Collibra’s software has been used to manage and enhance the data of over 300 organizations, including partners like Cigna Health Systems, Progressive Insurance, and Lockheed Martin.
1. Data Intelligence – By embracing Data Intelligence, organizations can connect the right data, insights, algorithms and people to allow all Data Citizens to optimize processes, increase efficiency and drive innovation.
2. Collibra Data Catalog – Collibra Data Catalog empowers business users to quickly discover and understand data that matters so they can generate impactful insights that drive business value.
3. Cloud Ready Data – Organizations need a strategic approach to modernizing their operations; one that offers sharper insights into their market, customers and supply chains. The answer is a solution that is scalable, accessible and resilient: data in the cloud.
4. Self-service Analytics -Self-service BI tools offer powerful analytics capabilities that can surface the insights you need to create a competitive advantage.