Overall Rank: 635
Category Rank: 67
- Top Software Company of 2020
Cylance works to increase computer security by developing antivirus programs and computer software that actively prevents, rather than detects, malware and viruses in order to block them before they can have an effect on the computer. Founded in 2012 by best-selling author Stuart McClure, cofounder of security consultancy Foundstone, and Ryan Permeh, Cylance was eventually acquired by BlackBerry in 2019. Cylance’s features go far beyond the typical behavioral analysis and virtualization, by relying on AI technology to identify and halt attackers.
Cylance has likely been the boost that helped BlackBerry’s stock climb 20% over the course of the past few months. Current Cylance customers include financial institution HBOR, healthcare systems such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital, glass repair and replacement giant Safelight, and Australia’s leading tourist destination – the Sydney Opera House.
1. CylanceGUARD – CylanceGUARD is a 24×7 managed detection and response offering that provides actionable intelligence for customers, preventing threats, while minimizing alert fatigue without requiring additional resources.
2. CylancePROTECT – CylancePROTECT redefines the capabilities and efficiency of endpoint security. By leveraging artificial intelligence, malware can be detected and prevented in real time – before it even executes.
3. CylanceOPTICS – CylanceOPTICS pushes all detection and response decisions down to the endpoint, eliminating response latency that can mean the difference between a minor security event and a widespread, uncontrolled security incident.
4. CylanceSMART ANTI-VIRUS – Cylance uses the power of AI to offer 100% protection from malware, hackers, viruses, ransomware and malicious websites.
LEAVE A REPLY