San Francisco, CA
Overall Rank: 184
Category Rank: 18
- Top Software Company of 2020
Okta’s six services include a single-sign-on platform that allows users to log into multiple systems via one portal. They also offer an API authentication service. The company was founded in 2009 by Todd McKinnon and Frederick Kerrest, both previously of Salesforce. As of January 2019, Okta had over 100 million registered users. Nordstrom, Jetblue, MGM Resorts International, Major League Baseball, and the U.S. Department of Justice all currently use Okta. Their cloud-based services utilize facial recognition and touch ID technologies to keep user data secure.
The company has over 8,400 customers (a 30% increase in this year alone), with a 121% net retention rate. Its stock has risen 12% over the past month, recently hitting a 52-week high of $213.19. Okta anticipates a 32% increase in 2021, putting projected revenues at $775 million. The company’s services are built using the Amazon Web Services cloud. Okta thrives in a very competitive market; the big names who offer similar services include IBM Security, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, OneLogin, Salesforce Identity, and Oracle Enterprise SSO.
1. Okta Identity Cloud – The Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform that securely connects the right people to the right technologies at the right time.
2. Workforce Identity – Enterprise identity for a new way of work. Protect and enable your workforce — employees, contractors, and partners — to use any technology on any device, whether they’re remote or in the office.
3. Customer Identity – Build secure, seamless experiences for your customers
4. Platform Services – In order to enable customers and partners to address every identity use case, we’ve built a set of modular components, called Platform Services, which can be combined to build new features and tailored experiences faster.
5. Okta Integration Network – Explore our catalog of 6,500+ pre-built integrations and easily adopt the latest apps, centralize user management, and automate access workflows across cloud, on-prem, and mobile applications.