Overall Rank: 629
Category Rank: 65
- Top Software Company of 2020
Proofpoint is an enterprise security software company that protects networks near and far. Based in Sunnyvale, California, Proofpoint was founded in 2002 by former Netscape executive Eric Hahn. After the dot-com bust, Hahn saw the opportunity to develop a suite of applications dedicated to protecting human capital from increasing cybersecurity risks. The company began as an email spam-detection product and has grown into a comprehensive platform for all aspects of employee information protection. As the threats have grown and evolved, so has Proofpoint’s suite of cybersecurity solutions.
In 2018, Hahn retired as chairman of the publicly-traded company now worth over $6 billion and was replaced by founding CEO Gary Steele. As of 2020, Proofpoint boasts technology partnerships with tech titans AWS, IBM, and Splunk to name a few, and their SaaS suite is used by over 5,000 organizations large and small. With annual revenue approaching $1 billion, Proofpoint proves to be a top dog in digital threat intelligence and protection.
1. Proofpoint Email Protection solutions—deployed as a cloud service or on premises—protect against malware and threats that don’t involve malware, including impostor email, or business email compromise (BEC). Granular email filtering controls spam, bulk “graymail” and other unwanted email.
2. Advanced Threat Protection – Stop threats before they reach your people and respond quickly when things go wrong.
3. Proofpoint Security Awareness Training – The vast majority of today’s threats require humans to activate them
4. Cloud Security – Cloud apps are changing the way people collaborate and run their businesses.
5. Archiving and Compliance – Developing a modern data archiving strategy isn’t easy.
LEAVE A REPLY