San Francisco, CA
Overall Rank: 115
Category: Finance & Accounting
Category Rank: 11
- Top Software Company of 2020
Headquartered in San Francisco, Stripe’s financial technology allows businesses across the globe to receive payments for their services. They currently serve markets throughout the E.U., Asia, Australia, and Mexico. Primarily used for payment processing, Stripe also provides a slew of other services, such as Atlas, which enables startups to incorporate more seamlessly into the U.S.; Terminal, a point of sale solution compatible with credit card readers; and Connect, which allows businesses to create marketplaces in which Stripe facilitates payment processing between buyers and sellers.
Last year, the company raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing the startup’s valuation up to $22.5 billion. This April, Stripe secured $600 million in new funding in their largest round yet, helping to boost their current valuation up to $36 billion. The most recent round of investors included Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Sequoia. Stripe’s customers include Slack, Shopify, Glossier, Amazon, and Under Armour. The company charges customers a 2.9% swipe fee and 30 cents per transaction.
1. Terminal – Stripe Terminal extends your online presence into the physical world, enabling you to build your own in-person checkout.
2. Atlas – Stripe Atlas is a powerful, safe, and easy-to-use platform for forming a company. By removing lengthy paperwork, legal complexity, and numerous fees, Stripe Atlas helps you launch your startup from anywhere in the world.
3. Sigma – We built Stripe Sigma to help businesses quickly analyze their Stripe data and to enable teams to get faster business insights.
4. Connect – Programmatically send fast payouts to your sellers, freelancers, or service providers around the world.
5. Radar – Radar helps detect and block fraud for any type of business using machine learning that trains on data across millions of global companies.