Data Analytics and Visualization
Mountain View, CA
Overall Rank: 627
Category: Data Management & Analytics
Category Rank: 124
- Top Software Company of 2020
When data analytics and visualization software company Tableau was acquired by Salesforce in 2019, many people questioned Marc Benioff’s “software-free” philosophy. Business Intelligence is one of the most crucial components in any company’s success, and Tableau just happens to offer one of the most popular platforms around. As Bennioff says of the merger, “It’s truly the best of both worlds for our customers.”
Tableau enables users to customize dashboards that visualize data effectively, turning it into actionable insights. Like Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet software, the platform generates worksheets featuring customizable graphs and charts, providing a clear visual picture of a company’s complex, yet covetous data. With the power of Salesforce now driving the platform’s further development, the potential for growth is boundless.
Before the acquisition, Tableau was already generating over $1 billion in annual revenue, and as the need for simple data analysis grows, Salesforce will find itself ahead of the curve.
1. Tableau Desktop – Called “the gold standard” in visual analytics, Tableau Desktop upended the business intelligence industry and ushered in a new paradigm of self-service insight.
2. Tableau Prep – Tableau Prep empowers more people to get to analysis faster by helping them quickly and confidently combine, shape, clean and operationalize their data flows.
3. Tableau Online – Want the sharing and collaboration of Server, but without having to actually manage a server? Then you want Tableau Online. Secure. Scalable
4. Tableau Server – Share your data and dashboards to multiply your impact. Whether you keep your Server deployment on-prem or deploy to the public cloud you can keep the management of your server in your hands
LEAVE A REPLY