Enterprise Resource Planning
Grand Rosière, Belgium
Overall Rank: 148
Category: Business Processes
Category Rank: 21
- Top Software Company of 2020
The access advantages of open-source software have been known for years, and Odoo is one of the great successes of the open-core model of business technology. Odoo’s software has roots in the OSS community, and has been employed by a variety of organizations in place of proprietary programs. Their subscription-based enterprise edition elevates the core platform, which is already a user-friendly business tool, and adds more functionalities and adaptability. Its customization options and all-in-one collection of modules are constantly updated through their development community.
When the company was founded in Belgium in 2005, the software was focused on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and continues to lead the industry with their e-commerce, billing, and management features. Odoo’s ease-of-use and OSS origins have made it an invaluable tool in higher education, giving institutions access to the most comprehensive non-proprietary business software available.
Founder and CEO Fabien Pinckaers has been innovating business software since he was 13, and has seen his company grow from a small, open-source ERM platform to an industry standard bearer that is utilized across the globe. Over 5 million users have taken advantage of Odoo’s business enhancement products, both free and via paid subscription. Odoo’s operations include offices in the US, India, Dubai, and Hong Kong.
1. Website Builder – Make a website, then add features as you grow: jobs, eCommerce, customer portal, events, company blog, call-to-action, newsletter, etc.
2. eCommerce – With an integrated eCommerce platform, inventory and sales can easily be maintained via automatic stock adjustments and reporting.
3. Quotation Software -Send clear and complete quotations to your prospects. Add product descriptions, beautiful images, and additional information simply by dragging and dropping building blocks.
4. Accounting – All the time-saving tools you need to grow your business.
5. CRM – Track leads, close opportunities and get accurate forecasts.