Unisys Names Vishal Gupta CTO & SVP of Technology

Unisys has named Vishal Gupta as CTO and SVP of Technology. In a statement released by Unisys, the company touted Gupta’s experience in cybersecurity as well as his being an asset for the company’s SaaS-led service model and industry application products.

Become a Subscriber

Please purchase a subscription to continue reading this article.

Subscribe Now

Gupta will succeed current SVP Tarek El-Sarany on August 31st of this year. In his new position, Gupta reports directly to the Chairman and CEO of Unisys, Peter Altabef.

Unisys (NYSE: UIS) is a global IT company that builds software solutions for challenging business and governmental use cases. The company’s headquarters is in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania.

Through its diverse portfolio of IT services, software and technology, Unisys services a wide variety of clients, including Dell, Lufthansa Systems, EMC, various state governments, the FAA, Nextel, the IRS and Telefonica of Spain. The company has a particular knack for landing large scale government contracts, having most recently signed an agreement with the United States Navy to provide tactical military messaging software for the cost of $20 million.

The company provides a diverse set of products and services for each of these clients, including security software and services, cloud solutions, security solutions, managed services and outsourcing, digital transformation and services as well as operating environments capable of withstanding high-intensity enterprise computing.

Following the trends of the greater IT industry, Unisys has continued to offer more and more services as opposed to equipment. In recent years, almost 90% of the company’s business has been service related and the remaining 10% is due to equipment sales, for which the company had originally built its reputation. In 2015, the company posted revenues of $3.0 billion.

Prior to arriving at Unisys, Vishal Gupta served at the SVP of Engineering for the Symantec Corporation. His previous position required oversight of global engineering, architecture and product management teams. He also has years of experience working as chief product and IoT officer at Silent Circle and worked his way up through the ranks of Cisco Systems, where he eventually served as a Vice President. Gupta holds a Masters degree from Dartmouth College and an MBA from the Wharton School from the University of Pennsylvania.